BWXT mPower, Inc. is leading the nuclear industry in the development, licensing and deployment of small modular reactors.
The BWXT mPower™ reactor, with its scalable, modular design, has the capacity to provide output in increments of 180 MWe for a four-year operating cycle without refueling, and is designed to produce clean, near-zero emission operations.
BWXT mPower reactor features include:
- Integral nuclear system design
- Passive safety systems
- Underground containment
- Four-year operating cycle between refueling
- Scalable, modular design is flexible for local needs
- Multi-unit (1 to 10+) plant
- Less than five percent enriched fuel is industry standard
- North American shop-manufactured